Thursday, October 1, 2009

"You Gotta Come Back In October..."

"You gotta come back in October" they said, "You have to see the Ranges in Spring," I was told, "the air is crystal clear after the winter rains and the sunsets have the most amazing colours". That's what I was told when I was here in April, now here we are, it's the first day of October, I'm back here, and what do I see? ...NOTHING! Yep, that's right, the air is so thick with dust that everything is lost in a haze, it feels like I'm in downtown Melbourne on a Thursday afternoon! I went for a walk this afternoon, I climbed up one of the bigger hills near camp and could only see one range of hills. Yep, just one, when there would usually be five or six from that viewpoint. One thing I'll give it though, the light is very soft, if I were a portrait photographer out here, or maybe a painter, I'd probably be having a blast... well, maybe not as a painter, the wind is still pretty insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment